Rich Lechner is IBM’s VP Energy and Environment and comes on GreenMonk TV every month.
This month we discussed a report IBM sponsored and which was written by Acclimatise called Global Electric Utilities – the adaptation challenge
Some points to note from the report:
- 87% of businesses in the FTSE 350 acknowledge that their business is at risk from climate change
- Less than 33% have any plans in place to address that risk
- Over 90% of utilities acknowledge that their business will be impacted by climate change
- Less than 30% of the utilities reported having documented plans to manage or avoid that risk
- Only 6% identified opportunities associated with climate change