With Google’s announcement of their PowerMeter, home energy management solutions are really going mainstream.
With that in mind, I wanted to have a chat with Jonathan Gay, the founder and CTO of Greenbox (not CEO as I said in the intro – d’oh!). Greenbox have been one of the pioneering companies in this space and they sell their energy management solution to utilities for rollout to the utilities’ customers.
Smart home energy management solutions are going to pivotal to the rollout of successful demand response programs – if my home energy management solution can interface with my appliances and have them respond to dynamic energy pricing information according to rules I set, then demand response will play a significant part in reducing our energy footprint.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google Joins Smart Meter Coalition (greenlight.greentechmedia.com)
- Grid 2.0 primer (greenmonk.net)
- Google crashes smart grid party (news.cnet.com)
- Utilities are too top-down, command and control (greenmonk.net)
- Why Smart Grids are good! (greenmonk.net)
- Four Major Companies Join Smart Grid Demand Organization (treehugger.com)
- Google Smart Grid (blogoscoped.com)
- Want to lower your electric bill? Google wants to help (sciam.com)
- Plug in. Turn on. Tune up. Google helps consumers check their energy use (guardian.co.uk)
- Google wants in on the smart grid of the future (arstechnica.com)